Complying with statutory obligations is a significant and time consuming responsibility. Failure to comply can have serious consequences and can even result in your company being struck off. The prosecution of directors for not complying can also lead to disqualification from managing companies for up to 5 years.
In order avoid your risk of breaches, fines and possible regulatory investigation and to remove the administrative burden from your responsibility, our responsive and reliable company secretarial team can leave you free to focus your efforts on the day-to day demands of running and growing your business safe in the knowledge that all your statutory obligations are being met.
Assistance with Company Secretarial compliance
If you are looking for a straight forward Company Secretarial service, UHY Haines Norton can provide the following:
- acting as an Australian Director or Company Secretary for the business;
- maintaining your company’s statutory registers electronically;
- attending to the review of the annual Company Statement;
- providing a registered office address for the company;
- attending to officeholder appointments and resignations;
- attending to share transfers and share allotments; and
- attending to all company or officeholder address changes.
Our Company Secretarial service also includes the preparation and lodgement of all associated forms with the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC), minutes or resolutions and other documentation to support any officeholder, share or address changes.
Our Company Secretarial service is designed to make company formation and registration in Australia simple and straightforward. UHY Haines Norton can not only provide you with advice on the most suitable company structure for your business but can establish and incorporate numerous company types whether it be private or public through our electronic incorporation capability, meaning that your company could be established within 24 hours or less.
Common company structures as are follows:
- private company limited by shares;
- public limited company;
- private company limited by guarantee; or
- trustee company.
To ensure your company incorporation requirements are met, we will advise on the availability of your proposed company name and attend to all your incorporation documentation and registrations.
For overseas companies operating in Australia, we can provide your company with a registered office address and act as the Australian Company Director, Secretary or both.
Additional specialist services
UHY Haines Norton not only provide Company Secretarial compliance services but can also provide advice and undertake more complex Corporate Secretarial transactions, including:
- creation of new share classes and the allotment, transfer and transmission of these shares;
- subdivision, consolidation or re designation of share capital;
- bonus or capitalisation issues;
- drafting or amending Company Constitutions;
- company purchase of own shares or redemption of shares;
- group restructuring;
- intra- group share transfers and applications for stamp duty relief;
- dividend notices and minutes or resolutions to document same;
- preparation of dormant company accounts;
- change of company name;
- changes to company registrations, for example private companies to public companies;
- company and officeholder searches within Australia and most jurisdictions across the world; and
- winding-up and deregistering unwanted companies.
Benefit from our knowledge and experience
UHY Haines Norton provide a comprehensive suite of Company Secretarial and Corporate Secretarial services starting from routine compliance through to more complex areas requiring specialist advice and technical expertise.
We have the knowledge and experience to undertake the work and provide a tailored approach based on the individual requirements and situations of our clients. We also work with other professionals where required such as our in-house tax team and close network of solicitor contacts in order to provide the best advice delivered in a proactive and efficient manner.